Sunday, September 5, 2010

Incoming

Lots of incomings going on right now. School starts on Tuesday (I'm a high school teacher) so I'll get a whole new load of incoming freshman and soon to be outgoing seniors... (more than I've ever had before because of budget cuts. 200 students... but that's a post for a different blog.)

Second incoming is that of MONEY. Fiiiiiiiinally. After two months (technically considered one month even though it's 59 consecutive days) the first pay check at the end of summer break feels like a million bucks. This sudden influx of cash flow again means I can check off the number one thing on my To Do List. Which leads us to...

The final incoming: my Suzie's Farm Box! It's official. I signed up and paid for a two trial boxes--I pick up my first one at the Ocean Beach Farmer's Market on Wednesday. I know, I know... CSA programs and co-ops are nothing new, but they are for me and I'm so excited to be on this particular bandwagon.

Since I'm in such a good mood about this, here is my newest Cute Garden Thing to celebrate.



I was so sad when I chipped (beyond hope of repair) my favoritest mug as I was unloading the dishwasher. I set it on the kitchen counter and stared at it for a few days because I couldn't bring myself to toss it. Me and that mug go way back. Like a whole school year... lots of good memories drinking my morning brew at the podium while trying to ignore spastic teenagers.

As I was staring at my mug-friend I realized it'd make a cute little starter cup for herbs... so, I switched from coffee to chamomile. Just remember, that unless you are talented enough to drill a hole through the ceramic or porcelain bottom of a mug, lack of drainage will eventually kill the sproutings...so once they get about an inch high, transplant into the ground, garden box or proper pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment