Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cute Garden Things

Being in Portland over the weekend inspired me to do more cute things with my garden. I think it's a prerequisite that you keep a garden or at least have an intense love of foliage to live there.

Observe the apple tree in our front yard:



It has an awkward hole in the front side that has bothered me ever since we moved in. Today I decided the hole would bother me no more. I had a couple lanterns laying around (serving no purpose but to cause clutter) and found some old ribbon from a duvet and seat cushion packaging that I really liked, but could never find a purpose for...the forces combined and now I have lanterns in the dead space of my tree. I find it pretty charming. Now I want to hang stuff from all my trees. Maybe in the back yard I can find a use for the old pots and pans I need to replace...

2 comments:

  1. cute! i'll have to send you a pic of my latest obsession - i found old really interestingly-shaped lampshades at the thrift store, ripped off the fabric and wrapped the metal frames in tiny LED xmas lights, and now i wanna hang them over my hammocks in the yard. come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds frickin cuuuuuute. Did you come up with that all on your own?

    ReplyDelete